Psychotherapy is a form of psychological help (provided by a psychotherapist) that refers to the psychotherapeutic aims of a particular client. Psychotherapy is an authentic dialog between the client and the psychotherapist. In its center there is always the client and things that are important for him/her.
Psychotherapy helps the person to become more conscious of oneself and thanks to this it provides help in searching for and creating such a way of living and having contact with oneself, other people and the world that would be best for this particular individual.
Psychotherapy can last from a few months (short-term psychotherapy) to several years (long-term psychotherapy), depending on the problem and discussed aims of the psychotherapy.
In English we offer counselling and individual psychotherapy.
The offer is addressed to adults who:
- experience discomfort associated with anxieties, lowered mood or level of energy to act
- experience too much suffering
- can’t deal with emotions
- experience excessive stress
- want to cope with a difficult situation
- suffer from low self-esteem
- have difficulties in relationships with other people
- feel lost in their lives
- search for meaning of one’s life
- are in a crisis concerning personal or professional life
- cannot cope with traumatic experiences